Sunday 16 June 2013

A Father's Prayer

I started assembling the bassinet today for beside our bed! So pumped to fill it!

3 days to go until the due date and my mother-in-law had a great idea: when she was pregnant with my husband, she chose 4 or 5 passages of scripture to memorize for labor. Scriptures of comfort and of strength...I'm on the hunt to gather some of my own. The word of the Lord in a desperate hour - I love that.

2 Chronicles 29:19
"And give my son...the wholehearted devotion to keep Your commands, statutes, and decrees. .."

What a prayer David had for his son! Today is father's day and a day to reflect on all the things I've gleaned from my dad as well as to think about a dad's role in my little one's future.

My dad is a pastor and so I grew up in a Christ-centered home with love and encouragement and good teaching. I know my dad prayed for me growing up and prays for me still! I, intern do pray for him and also thank the Lord for his faithfulness to my father's prayers in keeping me away from harm and growing in a real personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.  What a blessing on my life and an answere to a father's prayer!

May mine and my husband's prayer be like that of David, that our child may grow up living for the Lord. May we be faithful in our continual prayers for him as we await his arrival and watch him grow! It's so easy to get caught up in a focus on education, popularity, manors and other seemingly important things we want for him...but I pray our focus always has the Almighty in TOP priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment